X1 Card review: innovation in credit cards
Learn why the X1 Card is one of the fastest-growing digital payment systems on the market. We review all pros and cons, so read on to see if this card has what it takes to fit your spending habits.
X1 Card: Get a stunning 17g stainless steel card and the rewards to match it!
Are you looking for an innovative and convenient way to earn more value for all of your spending? In this X1 Card review, we’ll look over the features of one of the most talked-about cards.
- Credit Score: Having a good credit score will certainly improve your approval odds. But X1 takes your current income and other qualification criteria into account.
- APR: Between 15.50% and 27.75% for purchases and balance transfers. 27.75% for cash advances (all variable according to Prime Rate).
- Annual Fee: The X1 charges a $0 annual fee.
- Fees: 2% of the amount for each balance transfer, 2% of the amount for each cash advance. $10 for returned payments, and $25 as a replacement card fee.
- Welcome bonus: There’s no current promo with the X1 Card.
- Rewards: 2x points on every eligible purchase. 3x points per calendar month when you spend over $1,000 (valid for the next $6,500 in purchases). Referral bonus up to 10x points.
X1 is a financial technology (fintech) that offers a new way for you to manage your finances and build a strong credit foundation for yourself.
This is a card that has no annual fee, no late fees, no foreign transaction fees, yet offers incredibly valuable rewards and perks.
Are you interested in learning more about it? Then join us in our X1 Card review as we take a closer look at all that this card has to offer.
By the end of it, you’ll be able to decide for yourself whether or not the X1 deserves a spot in your wallet.
X1 Card: how does it work?
Issued by Coastal Community Bank, the X1 Card comes in a stylish 17g of Stainless Steel and offers international Visa coverage.
The card offers a modern approach to finances with a complete mobile management and qualification criteria. Most rewards cards rely mostly on your credit score standing, but the X1 looks beyond that.
Having a good score is always good, but your current and potential income play a bigger role in your approval odds. It can also grant you a credit limit 5x higher than a traditional card.
With the X1 Card, you’ll have access to unlimited virtual cards – which you can use for purchases even before your physical card arrives.
You’ll also get added perks like cell phone protection, purchase security, $0 liability protection, extended warranty, and much more.
As for rewards, you’ll get unlimited 2x points on eligible purchases, and 3x points when you spend more than $1,000 per month for the next $6,500 in eligible purchases.
Whenever you invite a friend and they get the card, you can earn up to 10x points for the next 30 days.
You can redeem your earned points for cash back or at partnered merchants of your favorite brands.
X1 has more than 40 well-known partners that go from Uber to travel companies like Airbnb and American Airlines.
You will be redirected to another website
Significant benefits and disadvantages you may find
This card is designed to make managing your finances simpler than ever before, but does it actually live up to its promises? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons next in our X1 Card review.
- You can earn up to 3x points per dollar spent on eligible purchases;
- You can qualify even with a weak score if you have a solid income;
- Pre-qualify online for the X1 Card without harming your credit score;
- Get a credit limit up to 5 times higher than a regular card;
- The X1 Card has no annual fee, no late fee, and no foreign transaction fees;
- Get access to an impressive list of perks like extended warranty, cell phone protection, purchase security, return protection, and more.
- There’s no welcome bonus to new X1 Card members or intro APR promotions;
- You can only redeem your points for cash back or at X1 partners.
Is a good credit score required for applicants?
While having a good or excellent score will surely increase your approval odds, X1 takes much more than that into consideration.
It’s your current and potential income that will determine whether or not you’ll get the card.
Learn how to apply and get a X1 Card
If our X1 Card review was enough to get you interested, we can show you how to apply for the card. In the following link, we’ll give you all the details about the process so you can request your X1 hassle-free!
About the author / Aline Barbosa
Venture X Rewards Card application
The Venture X Rewards Card is a great companion for frequent travelers who want to make the most value for their money. Learn how to apply!Keep Reading
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card review: High Rewards and Low Fees
How does no annual fee and cashback rewards sound for you? Check out this U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card review.Keep Reading
FNB Aspire credit card application: Flexible Payment Terms and No Transaction Fees
Earn high rewards on spending with this credit card. Follow our FNB Aspire credit card application guide and get yours today!Keep Reading
You may also like
Capital One Platinum Credit Card application
Are you wondering how to apply for the Capital One Platinum card? Here's a step-by-step guide on how to get started.Keep Reading
Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Review: no fees
Navigate towards rewards with this Navy Federal Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards review! Start earning points on your travels!Keep Reading
Wells Fargo Reflect℠ credit card application: Extra-long 0% intro APR period
In this Wells Fargo Reflect℠ credit card application guide, you will learn how to easily and quickly get a super-long 0% APR period.Keep Reading