Best cards for students: it can be better than you imagine!
Don't settle for a bad credit card. You can get one of the best credit cards for students.
by Julia Bermudez
Find great options for credit cards for students: college will get easier with a good card to give you financial support.
You can get one of the best credit cards for students even if you’re still building your credit score. After all, you’re at the beginning of your adult life, and you’ll have plenty of time to write your credit history. Let one of these cards help you on this journey.
As a college student, you’ll have a lot of expenses with housing, food, books, and transportation. Wouldn’t it be great to earn some rewards on your purchases? A credit card with cash back rewards will help you save some money and optimize your income.
You’ll certainly find the best student credit card for you on this list. Keep reading to learn everything about this card category.
If you are at college, check these credit card options we selected for you!
You will be redirected to another website
Discover It Student Cash Back
|Regular APR||The APR ranges from 13.74% up to 22.74%, variable.|
Discover It Student Cash Back Highlights
- Outstanding welcome bonus. You’ll get double cash back in the first year. No limits, you’ll get one dollar for one dollar.
- To get this card you won’t be required a good score. This can be your first contact with credit.
- The rewards program has excellent rates and makes it one of the best credit cards for students. You’ll get at least 1% cash back on every purchase, and 5% cash back on select purchases that fit the bonus categories. Places like restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and online purchases at Amazon.com and PayPal.
- To help you save money for college, Discover will not charge you any annual fee.
- No fee if you use your card outside the U.S., so you can take your credit card abroad on your exchange or vacation trips.
- Enjoy 0% Intro APR. You’ll have 6 months of this benefit.
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards
|Credit Score||Fair/Good/No credit score|
|Regular APR||15.24% to 25.24% variable|
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Highlights
- Earning the $100 welcome bonus is easy. All you have to do is spend $100 in 90 days.
- The rewards rates are the highest among student credit cards.
- Places to earn 3% cash back: restaurants, grocery stores, selected streaming services, and entertainment events. But if you make a purchase that doesn’t fit in this category, Capital One still gives you 1% cash back.
- Buy your tickets through Capital One Entertainment to earn up to 8% cash back.
- Absolutely no fees to use this card.
Chase Freedom Student credit card
|Credit Score||No credit score requirement.|
|Regular APR||variable 15.74%|
Chase Freedom Student card Highlights
- No annual fee to use one of the best credit cards for students. However, it charges a foreign transaction fee, so it is not the best option if you’ll study abroad.
- The welcome bonus consists of a $50 cash bonus just for making any purchase as soon as you get your card.
- Pay your bill on time every month to get a credit limit increase and a $20 cash bonus every year for five years.
- Chase will verify your student enrollment and if you’re younger than 21 years old you’ll have to prove that you’re financially independent.
Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students
|Credit Score||Average/Good/No credit score required|
Deserve Edu Highlights
- Some international students can’t qualify for credit cards because they lack a Social Security Number or credit history. Don’t worry about this when you apply for this card, as this is not an eligibility requirement.
- No annual fee.
- Every purchase will give you 1% of the value back to your account as a reward.
- Your cell phone is safe with the $600 insurance coverage against theft or damage.
- Spend $500 total in your first three months to earn the amazon Prime Student subscription for free for one whole year.
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards for Students
|Regular APR||14.74% – 24.74% variable|
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Highlights
- You’ll have 3 months to spend $1,000 to earn the $200 bonus.
- Choose one bonus category to earn 3% cash back and customize your rewards program. In the grocery stores and wholesale club, you’ll get 2% cash back. On everything else, 1% cash back.
- Manage your card statement, purchases, and payments and track your credit score through the mobile app. You can also change your bonus category when you wish.
- You’ll have access to the ShopSafe service, which protects your credit card number while you shop online.
- Bank Of America charges a 3% fee on your foreign transactions, but you’ll pay $0 for the annual fee.
Bank of America Travel Rewards for Students
|Regular APR||14.74% to 24.74%|
Bank of America Travel Rewards Highlights
- If you’re studying abroad or enrolled in some exchange program, this card will be handy and help you travel with benefits with the best travel card for students.
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee.
- For every $1 spent with this card, you’ll earn 1.5 points. Collect reward points to redeem for travel benefits.
- The welcome bonus is pretty generous and super advantageous. If you spend $1,000 on the first 3 months (which means something around $350 per month) you’ll earn 25,000 points. Redeem these points for a $250 statement credit.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months. It’s a long time to pay no interest.
Why not learn some low-risk investments to start with too?
Now that you already know how to get one of the best credit cards student, it’s time to learn how to invest the money you’re saving. The sooner you start learning about investments, the better.
Save more and earn interest on your savings with some of the best low-risk investments. Check the following content to keep learning about finances and gain control over your future.
Safe investments with the best low-risk options.
You don't need to take high risks to start investing, Pick one of these low-risk investments and you'll keep your money safe.
About the author / Julia Bermudez
The Post New recommendation – Regional Finance Personal Loans
Regional Finance Personal Loans give you access to funds within a single business day and pre-qualification requires only a soft check.Keep Reading
Spark Miles Select Credit Card review
Check how you can upgrade your business and earn valuable travel rewards in this comprehensive Spark Miles Select Credit Card review!Keep Reading
Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card application
It's time for you to apply for a Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card to get some cash back in your pocket. Read this post to see how!Keep Reading
You may also like
Extra debit card review: is it worth it?
Most debit cards don't give you benefits. But this Extra debit card review will show you how to build credit and get rewards using this card.Keep Reading
Discover it® Student Cash Back credit card application
We'll tell you how to apply for a Discover it Student Cash Back credit card and get rewards in every purchase.Keep Reading
The best regulated crypto brokers in the US
If you are looking for regulated crypto brokers so that you can invest your money safely, you have come to the right place.Keep Reading