Citi Premier® Card review
If you're looking for a solid rewards card, the Citi Premier® Card is one of your best bets. Read our full review to learn all the details on this excellent credit card.
Citi Premier® Card: Get rewarded for your everyday spending!
If you’re looking for a credit card with a ton of rewards potential, then you’ll want to check out this Citi Premier® Card review.
This card has a generous rewards program that allows you to earn points on everyday spending. All earned rewards are easily redeemable, and you can exchange your points for a number of different options.
The Citi Premier® Card application process is simple, and new cardholders can enjoy a limited-time intro offer that is sure to please even the most demanding of customers.
Check the card’s main features below and keep reading our Citi Premier® Card review to learn everything about this product.
- Credit Score: You need at least a good credit score to become eligible.
- APR: 18.24% – 26.24%.
- Annual Fee: You’ll need to pay an annual fee of $95.
- Fees: There’s a balance transfer fee of 5%.
- Welcome bonus: For a limited time, you can get 80,000 ThankYou points by spending a minimum of $4,000 within the first three months from account opening.
- Rewards: 3 points per dollar spent on travel, supermarkets, gas stations, and restaurants. 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
Citi Premier® Card: is it a good card?
The Citi Premier® Card has a current intro offer that is sure to attract a lot of new card members.
By getting this card and spend at least $4,000 within the first 3 months of account opening, you’ll earn 80,000 ThankYou points. Those points are redeemable for $800 in gift cards at the rewards program’s official website.
Sure, there’s an annual fee of $95, but the welcome bonus alone is worth the fee. Frequent flyers will also find a lot to like in this card, as will customers that spend a lot on groceries, gas, and dining.
That is because Citi Premier® cardholders will get 3x points on travel-related expenses (like air travel and hotels), 3x points on restaurants, and 3x points at gas stations.
All other purchases earn 1x per dollar spent. Plus, jet setters will love the $100 annual hotel savings benefit (terms apply) and the lack of a foreign transaction fee, which makes this card a great companion to take abroad.
On top of all that, you can transfer all earned points to a number of frequent flyer programs like TrueBlue®, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, and more.
You will be redirected to another website
Citi Premier® Card: should you get one?
People with good credit scores will find many benefits to this card. However, it’s important to consider a couple of drawbacks before applying. See the pros and cons next in our Citi Premier® Card review.
Great welcome bonus
- For a limited time, new card members will get 80,000 ThankYou points when they spend at least $4,000 in the first three months of account opening. Those points are easily redeemable through the program’s website and are worth $800 in gift cards.
- Card members will also get 3x points on travel-related purchases, as well as restaurants, gas, and supermarkets. Plus 1x points on everything else.
Great card for traveling abroad
- You can take this card with you on international travel as it doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees.
Avoid carrying a balance
- Even though the card offers many benefits, it doesn’t have a 0% introductory APR. Therefore, it’s important to avoid carrying a balance.
Not available to everyone
- Make sure you meet the minimum credit score requirements before applying for this card, as it performs a hard pull on all new requests.
What is the required credit score?
As mentioned on the topic above, this credit card is not available to everyone. To become eligible, you must have a FICO score of at least 700. Make sure you know where your score stands before applying.
Citi Premier® Card application
Now that you’ve read our Citi Premier® Card review, it’s time to learn about the application process. You can do it online, and it’s fairly easy, provided you meet all requirements.
If you want more details, follow the link below, and we’ll tell you how you can get your Citi Premier® Card.
About the author / Aline Barbosa
American Express® Gold Card review: Travel & Dining
In this American Express® Gold Card review you will learn about this card's flexible dining and travel benefits.Keep Reading
What is sustainable finances?
What is sustainable finances? If you are asking yourself this question, read this article and learn what you need to know about it.Keep Reading
U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card application
In this U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card application guide, we are going to help you get this card in just a few minutes!Keep Reading
You may also like
Apple Card application
The Apple Card application process is simple, and you can do it from your phone in just a few minutes without impacting your score. Learn how!Keep Reading
Capitec Home Loan application: Flexible Repayment Terms For Savvy Borrowers
Ready to get a loan with low interest and flexible repayment options? Then follow our Capitec home loan application guide.Keep Reading