Discover it® Balance Transfer review
The Discover it® Balance Transfer card is a great overall credit card for balance transfers, but that’s not all this card has to offer. Read our review to learn more about it!
Discover it® Balance Transfer: 0% APR for 18 months on balance transfers!
In this Discover it® Balance Transfer review, we’ll go through all the features of one of the best products available in its segment today.
If you’re looking for a way to save money on interest payments, you may want to consider this balance transfer credit card.
With a generous 0% APR promotion on balance transfers, this card can help you pay down your debt more quickly.
Plus, there are no annual fees, and you’ll earn rewards on your purchases. Check some of its main selling points below.
- Credit Score: To become eligible, your score must be good or higher.
- APR: 0% for 18 months. After that, 14.24% – 25.24% variable.
- Annual Fee: There is none.
- Fees: 3% balance transfer fee during the intro period, then 5%. $41 max late fee and 5% (or $10) cash advance fee.
- Welcome bonus: As with almost every Discover card, the company will match all cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year as a cardholder.
- Rewards: 5% cash back on rotating categories each quarter, up to a quarterly maximum (requires activation). 1% on everything else you purchase.
The card has many other features that can help you manage your finances better. By acquiring it, you’ll get a great welcome bonus, plus 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months.
That is an ideal feature if you want to purchase expensive items and pay them off over a longer period.
So, to learn more about why this is considered such an elite card and why adding it to your wallet is a solid option, keep reading our Discover it® Balance Transfer review!
Discover it® Balance Transfer: how does it work?
Issued by Discover, the card’s primary feature is its balance transfer advantage. With this card, you’ll get a promotional intro of 0% APR for 18 months.
Then, a standard variable APR that ranges between 14.24% and 25.24% based on your creditworthiness. Discover also offers a 0% APR on purchases for 6 months from account opening.
The welcome offer is pretty standard for Discover and has been for a while: all cash back you’ve earned during your first year gets doubled on your account anniversary.
What sets this card apart from the competition is that even though its selling point is the balance transfer feature, you’ll still get rewards on purchases.
That means you’ll have a 5% return on different bonus categories up to a quarterly maximum and 1% on everything else.
But beware, as the top categories require activation each quarter. The card has no annual fee, but it does charge a balance transfer fee for each transaction you make.
That is 3% during the intro period and 5% once that period ends.
You will be redirected to another website
Significant benefits and disadvantages you may find
While this is a great card for people who want to transfer credit card debt and earn rewards, there are a couple of drawbacks you should know about.
Learn all about the pros and cons next in our Discover it® Balance Transfer review.
- If you have a good/excellent score and are looking for an affordable card to transfer your balance, the Discover it® Balance Transfer is a great choice;
- You’ll get a long intro period of 0% APR on balance transfers, plus 6 months of 0% interests on purchases;
- There’s no annual fee, so you won’t have to worry about paying for maintenance on the card;
- You’ll earn 5% cash back on quarterly categories that make up your daily expenses, and still get 1% back on everything else;
- There’s a generous welcome bonus which you can maximize if you concentrate all your spending on this card;
- The Discover it® Balance Transfer card charges no foreign transaction fee.
- Even though this is a balance transfer card with a generous intro period, it still charges a balance transfer fee;
- While it charges no foreign transaction fees, the card still has a lower acceptance on international waters;
- There is a quarterly maximum on the top rewards categories; you need to activate them to earn the cash back.
Is a good credit score required for applicants?
Yes. To be eligible for the card, you must have at least a good credit score. As with most rewards cards, the application process performs a hard pull on your credit history.
Therefore, if your score isn’t quite above the 700 mark, this card will likely not be available to you.
Learn how to apply and get a Discover it® Balance Transfer
If reading this Discover it® Balance Transfer review got you interested in applying. We’ll show you how to do it.
Follow the link below and learn more details about the application process. You’ll be able to see how you can get this card in just a few minutes.
5 ways to save if you’re afraid of investing
If you are afraid of investing, you have to read this article. Find out 5 ways to save money that respect your risk tolerance.Keep Reading
Total Visa® Credit Card review
Learn how to get the purchasing power of a real Visa card even if you have a bad score in this Total Visa® Credit Card review.Keep Reading
Discover Student Loan or Sallie Mae Student Loan: which is best?
We know it's not easy to pick between Discover Student Loan or Sallie Mae Student Loan, but we'll tell you everything about them to help you.Keep Reading
You may also like
Ways to save money in college: 8 simple tips that work
Learn these simple ways to save money in college, and you'll graduate with a good savings account to start your professional life.Keep Reading
American Express Serve® FREE Reloads Card application
Learn all the details about the American Express Serve® FREE Reloads Card application process and how you can request yours.Keep Reading
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card application
The Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card lets you earn miles quickly, so you can enjoy more of what you love. See how to apply!Keep Reading