Discover it® Cash Back review
The Discover it® Cash Back Card offers all cardholders one of the best rewards rates available in the market, plus a range of other exclusive benefits that makes this card a solid addition to your wallet. Read our full review to learn more.
Discover it® Cash Back: Get the best rewards rate for your money!
Do you like to get rewarded for your spending? If so, you’ll want to check out this Discover it® Cash Back Card review. This card comes with a great rewards program that gives you cash back on all of your purchases up to 5% on quarterly rotating categories (terms apply).
With this card, you won’t have to worry about paying those hefty annual fees since there isn’t one. There’s a great introductory offer for new card members, and even a lengthy 0% APR rate thrown in the mix.
- Credit Score: You’ll need a score of at least 700 to qualify for this card.
- APR: 0% introductory APR for 15 months. After that period, it’s a standard variable APR of 13.49% to 24.49%.
- Annual Fee: This card charges no annual fees.
- Fees: There’s a 3% introductory balance transfer fee. Future balance transfers can go up to 5% (see terms). There’s also a max late fee of $41 and a cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance.
- Welcome bonus: Discover’s Cashback Match matches all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year as a new card member.
- Rewards: With this card, you’ll get 5% cash back on daily expenses each quarter and in rotating categories up to $1,500. Once you reach the cap, it drops to 1%. You’ll also earn 1% back on all other purchases. Remember, you need to activate the 5% bonus categories each quarter to earn the rewards.
To learn more about what this card has to offer and why it’s such a good addition to your wallet, keep reading our Discover it® Cash Back Card review.
Discover it® Cash Back: is it a good card?
Everyone loves to be rewarded for spending their money. If you have a good credit score and are on the lookout for a cash back card, the Discover it® Cash Back could be a great alternative to you. The card comes with no annual fee and a great rewards rate.
With this card, you’ll get 5% cash back on everyday expenses like grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, and more. The bonus categories change each quarter, and they require activation. Plus, the 5% rate goes up to $1,500 in combined purchases. After they reach that amount, the rate drops to 1%. You’ll also get 1% back on all other purchases.
Discover offers all new members a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases. After that period, a standard variable APR between 13.49% – 24.49% applies, and it’s based on your creditworthiness. New members also get a welcome bonus that matches all cash back earned during their first year. That means you could turn $200 into $400 by getting this card.
You will be redirected to another website
Discover it® Cash Back: should you get one?
While there are many benefits to this card, there are also a couple of drawbacks you should know before applying. See the pros and cons next in our Discover it® Cash Back review so you can decide whether or not to apply.
Great introductory APR period
- Get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months from account opening. After that period, a variable 13.49% – 24.49% applies.
Attractive welcome bonus
- As an intro offer, Discover will match all cash back you’ve earned in your first year as a new card member.
Great rewards rate
- You’ll get 5% cash back on daily expenses such as grocery stores and restaurants each quarter up to $1,500. Plus, 1% on all other purchases.
- With this card, you won’t have to worry about an annual fee or international expenses since there are no foreign transaction fees either.
5% bonus categories require activation
- To get the best rewards each quarter, you’ll need to activate them every time. Otherwise, you’ll only earn a flat 1% rate.
You need a good credit score to qualify
- Although it’s not uncommon with rewards cards, you’ll need a score of at least 700 to become eligible for this card.
What is the required credit score?
Yes. To become eligible for a Discover it® Cash Back Card, you need a FICO score of at least 700. If your current rating is anything below this number, you won’t be able to get this card.
Discover it® Cash Back application
Now that you’ve read our Discover it® Cash Back Card review, it’s time to learn how to apply for it. The process is simple, and you can do it online from the comfort of your home.
To learn more details, follow the link below, and we’ll give you an easy walkthrough.
About the author / Aline Barbosa
Application for the Mogo card: how does it work?
The Mogo debit card will give you sustainable benefits for a $0 annual fee. This post will show you how you can easily open your account.Keep Reading
Plain Green Loans application
Learn more about the Plain Green loan application process and how you can get up to $1,000 on same-day funding even with a bad credit score.Keep Reading
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Card application
Learn how the application process for the Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Card works and start earning rewards!Keep Reading
You may also like
How to get your BankAmericard® credit card
In this BankAmericard® credit card application guide we are going to show you how to get this card to start reducing debt today!Keep Reading
MoneyLion Plus Personal Loans application guide
This MoneyLion Plus Personal Loans application guide is going to help you get approved today and start building your credit!Keep Reading