Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card review
Read our comprehensive guide to help you explore the features and benefits that come with the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card and see if it’s the right fit for your wallet.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card: your best travel companion across the globe!
Are you looking for a new travel credit card? If so, this Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card review is definitely worth your attention.
The card comes with some attractive features, including a lucrative rewards program and no annual fee.
In this comprehensive review, we’ll show you how you can earn points and use them to cover your travel expenses.
The card is perfect for international travel because, in addition to the lack of an annual fee, you won’t have to worry about foreign transaction fees either.
See some of the card’s main features below.
- Credit Score: You need a 750+ FICO score to get approved for this card.
- APR: 0% for 18 billing cycles. The current promo offer applies for balance transfers and purchases made within the first 60 days of membership. Once that period ends, a regular variable APR between 16.24% – 26.24% applies.
- Annual Fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card has no monthly or annual fees.
- Fees: 29.99% max penalty fee.
- Welcome bonus: Enjoy a 25,000 online bonus points offer after making $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of card membership.
- Rewards: Unlimited 1.5 points for every dollar you spend on purchases.
New cardholders can take advantage of a current promo offer of 18 billing cycles of 0% APR for balance transfers and purchases made within the first 60 days of account opening.
There’s also a welcome bonus of 25,000 points after meeting the spending requirements ($1,000 within the first three months) that have a $250 value.
So if you want to learn more details about this card, keep reading our Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card review.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card: how does it work?
This is one of the best travel credit cards in the market if you have an excellent credit score. First, it doesn’t charge an annual fee as most travel cards do.
Secondly, you can earn unlimited 1.5 points on everyday purchases. There are no blackout dates, these points don’t expire, and you can easily redeem them to cover travel expenses.
The card does not charge any foreign transaction fees on international purchases either. Therefore, taking it with you overseas is also a great way to rack up rewards.
You’ll get an excellent welcome bonus, and you can easily redeem all of your rewards to pay for any travel-related expenses you have.
If you already bank with Bank of America and have a checking or savings account with over $20,000 in balance, you can qualify for the Bank of America Preferred Rewards and increase your points by 25%+.
You will be redirected to another website
Significant benefits and disadvantages you may find
Every credit product comes with great advantages, but also a couple of disadvantages you should know about before applying. Learn the pros and cons of this card next in our Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card review.
- Great initial bonus to get you started on rewards points;
- One of the few travels rewards cards that doesn’t charge annual or foreign transaction fees;
- You’ll get unlimited 1.5 points on every purchase you make, and you can easily redeem them to pay for travel-related expenses.
- New cardholders can enjoy 18 billing cycles of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers (terms apply);
- To become eligible for this card, Bank of America requires an excellent score to all new applicants;
- Depending on your creditworthiness, you can end up with a high APR, up to 26.24%.
Is a good credit score required for applicants?
Yes. To get this card, you need a FICO® Score of 750 or higher. Anything below that number hurts your chances of approval.
Since Bank of America performs a hard pull on new applications, it’s important to make sure you meet their criteria so it won’t harm your current score.
Learn how to apply and get a Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card
Now that you’ve read our Bank of America® Travel Rewards Card review, it’s time to learn how to apply.
Follow the link below to get more detailed info on how the application process works and how you can request your card online.
How to get your Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
See how the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express application process works and what you need to do to request this card.Keep Reading
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card review
Looking for a great rewards card? Check out our PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card review to see if it's the right fit for you!Keep Reading
Absa Premium Banking Credit Card review: Get cashback rewards
Ready to earn high rewards with no credit checks? Read this Absa Premium Banking Credit Card review and learn all about it!Keep Reading
You may also like
Gap Good Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card review
Get the full scoop on the Gap Good Rewards Mastercard® Credit Card, with a comprehensive review of its benefits, drawbacks, and more!Keep Reading
Marcus Savings Account application
Learn everything about the Marcus Savings Account application process and start growing your money with great APY rates today!Keep Reading
Capitec Credit Card application: Low interest rate
Time to get a card with a low interest rate and high credit limit! Here is our Capitec Credit Card application guide.Keep Reading