Petal® 1 Visa® or Petal® 2 Visa®: which card is better?
While both credit cards are from the same issuer, there are some distinct differences that could make one more beneficial than another for your particular lifestyle. But which one is better overall, the Petal® 1 Visa® or Petal® 2 Visa®? Read on to find out!
Petal® 1 Visa® Card vs. Petal® 2 Visa® Card: learn all about them
If you’re on the market for a new credit card, chances are you’ve come across Petal and its cards, the Petal® 1 Visa® or Petal® 2 Visa®.
The company offers two products to help people achieve their financial goals with responsible credit utilization. But which card offers more value to a new customer?
Both cards have great benefits, but there are some key differences that could make one of them a better fit for you. In this article, we’ll break down the features of both cards so that you can make an informed decision.
See the comparison below to get you started, and keep reading to learn which card is a better fit for you.
Petal® 1 Visa® Credit Card
- Credit Score Needed: Applicants of all credit levels are welcome.
- Standard Variable APR: 24.49% – 33.99% on purchases.
- Is there an annual fee?: No.
- What is the welcome bonus: There’s no sign-up bonus.
- Are there any rewards?: With this card, you won’t have to worry about foreign transaction fees. You can also get up to 10% cash back on selected merchants.
Petal® 2 Visa® Credit Card
- Credit Score Needed: You can apply even with a limited credit history.
- Standard Variable APR: 17.49% – 31.49% on purchases.
- Is there an annual fee?: No.
- What is the welcome bonus: There’s no current offer.
- Are there any rewards?: You’ll be able to get up to 10% cash back on selected merchants, plus 1% on everything you buy. There’s a possibility to upgrade that rate to 1.5% by meeting the card’s terms.
Features, pros, and cons of the Petal® 1 Visa® Credit Card
The Petal® 1 Visa® Credit Card is a solid starter card for people with a limited credit score. It doesn’t require a security deposit and charges no annual fee.
Issued by WebBank, Member FDIC, the card offers a starting credit line between $300 and $5,000 based on your financial history. You can get a limit increase in just 6 months, provided you meet the bank’s conditions.
Issued by WebBank, a member of FDIC, this is a great card to help customers boost their scores. One, because it evaluates more than a credit rating for approval, so all credit types are welcome to apply.
Even if you have a low or no score, the bank will create a cash score to help you with the whole process.
On-time payments and responsible credit utilization are key factors to help you increase your score as well. That is because the issuer reports all monthly payments to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
You can also see if you pre-qualify online in just a couple of minutes without harming your current credit rating.
While the card doesn’t offer a sign-up bonus or introductory APR period – the standard variable APR with this card is between 24.49% – 33.99% – you’ll still get some interesting perks.
For instance, you can get up to 10% cash back by making purchases on selected merchants. Plus there are no foreign transaction fees.
Take a look below to learn a few of the pros and cons to this card. By knowing what to expect, you can make a better choice between the Petal® 1 Visa® or Petal® 2 Visa®.
You will be redirected to another website
- No annual fee makes this one of the top contenders in the credit building category;
- Not many cards offer cash back rewards for people with a limited history. With this card, you’ll be able to get up to 10% back by shopping at participant merchants;
- Responsible use and on-time payments can get you a credit limit increase in just 6 months (terms and conditions apply);
- Pre-qualification only pulls a soft inquiry, which means that you can check your approval odds without harming your current score;
- You can take this card abroad or purchase items online at international stores without worrying about foreign transaction fees.
- The variable APR is on the high side, and there’s no promotional 0% period. Therefore, avoid carrying a balance from month to month;
- There is no sign-up bonus or cash back rewards on every purchase;
Features, pros and cons of the Petal® 2 Visa® Credit Card
The Petal® 2 Visa® Credit Card is also issued by WebBank and works great for people who are looking for an efficient way to build or rebuild their credit scores.
One of the best features of this card is that it doesn’t charge any fees. There are no late, foreign transactions, annual, or any kind of fees other cards usually charge their cardholders.
New members don’t need to put down a security deposit and still get a credit limit between $300 and $10,000. People with limited credit history can pre-qualify without affecting their scores and are still eligible for approval.
That is because Petal takes more than credit scores into consideration when evaluating new applications.
With this card, you can get up to 10% by purchasing items at selected merchants. Besides that, there’s a 1% return in all other purchases, which can increase to 1.5% after 12 consecutive and on-time payments.
Responsible use and low credit utilization can help you improve your rating as WebBank reports all payments to the three main credit bureaus in the country.
The standard APR is a variable between 17.49% – 31.49% and you’ll get a rate somewhere in between that range based on your creditworthiness plus other financial factors, like income.
Keep reading the content below to learn more about this card’s advantages and disadvantages. That way you can decide if the Petal® 1 Visa® or Petal® 2 Visa® fits your needs better.
- You can get a good initial credit limit up to $10,000 if you have a solid and reliant income;
- You won’t need to worry about any kind of fees with this credit card;
- Paying your bill on time and using the card sensibly can help you improve your credit score. That is because all payments get reported to the three main credit bureaus;
- Get rewarded for daily expenses right away with 1% cash back and up to 10% by shopping at partnered locations;
- No foreign transaction fees makes this card a great travel companion;
- Pre-qualify in minutes with only a soft pull on your score.
- You won’t get any intro offers or welcome bonuses with this card;
- The regular APR is pretty high, so make sure you pay your bills on time;
- Petal does not allow balance transfers with this card.
Petal® 1 Visa® Card or Petal® 2 Visa® Card: which one should you choose?
So here comes the big question: which card is better? Petal® 1 Visa® or Petal® 2 Visa®? Ultimately, you are the only person who can answer that question. The first thing you have to do is ask yourself what you’re looking for in a card.
If you have a damaged score and a good monthly income, the Petal® 1 is easier to get. If you want a little extra, like not having to worry about fees and getting more cash back on your purchases, you can try for a Petal® 2 Visa® card.
Either way, if you don’t qualify for the latter option, Petal will automatically consider your application for a Petal® 1. And if neither of these cards is what you’re really looking for, we have a third option for you.
Follow the link below to learn everything you need to know about the Citi Premier® Card.
About the author / Aline Barbosa
SmartAccess Prepaid Visa Debit Card application
Applying for a SmartAccess Prepaid Visa Card is as easy as managing your finances with it. Read on to learn the full process and get yours!Keep Reading
MyPoint Credit Union Visa Card Review: Elevated Rewards!
Discover a world of possibilities in this MyPoint Credit Union Platinum Visa Card review. Elevate your experience with a generous credit line!Keep Reading
You may also like
Kohl’s Card review: Exclusive deals!
In this Kohl’s Card review you will learn how this card offers boosted rewards on department store purchases and much more!Keep Reading
Overstock credit card application: fast approval!
In this Overstock credit card application guide, you will learn how to get this card within a few minutes. Read on and find out!Keep Reading
US Bank Cash+® Visa® Secured or US Bank Altitude® Go Visa® Secured
Check this comparison to learn which is better: The US Bank Cash+® Visa® Secured Card or the US Bank Altitude® Go Visa® Secured Card.Keep Reading