Discover it® Student Chrome Card review
Get the inside scoop on the Discover it® Student Chrome credit card before you apply. We compare rates, rewards and more to help you make the best decision for your wallet.
Discover it® Student Chrome Card: start your credit journey on the right foot.
In this Discover it® Student Chrome Card review, we’ll show you how you can get financially independent with the help of a solid credit card.
We all know how expensive college can be, so it’s important to have a card that will not only help you with those expenses but won’t drown you in fees.
With the Discover it® Student Chrome Card, you’ll have access to a great credit card and earn rewards in eligible purchases without worrying about maintenance and annual fees.
- Credit Score: You may apply for a Discover it® Student Chrome even if you have no credit score.
- APR: Get a limited time offer of 0% and 10.99% for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers, respectively. After that period ends, it’s a standard variable between 15.24% – 24.24% on both.
- Annual Fee: None.
- Fees: 3% intro balance transfer fee, then 5%. $10 or 5% for cash advance fee, $41 max late fee.
- Welcome bonus: As with all Discover rewards cards, the bank will match the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year.
- Rewards: 2% rewards rate at U.S. restaurants and gas stations up to a combined $1,000 each quarter. 1% rate on everything else.
The Discover it® Student Chrome Card also allows students to start their credit history the right way.
When you’re young, building a solid score will increase your chances of better money management and better credit card offers. Not to mention loans, lower mortgage rates, and much more.
So take a look at our Discover it® Student Chrome Card review to learn more details about this credit card. You’ll be surprised at how adding it to your wallet might make your college years a bit lighter.
Discover it® Student Chrome Card: how does it work?
Issued by Discover, this is a card made specifically for students. That means you don’t have to have a perfect credit score in order to apply.
In fact, Discover will accept your application even if you have no score. Building a strong rating is important, and they are ready to help you along the way.
The Discover it® Student Chrome Card has no annual fee and offers a promotional introductory APR of 0% on purchases for the first six months.
You’ll also get a limited intro offer of 10.99% on balance transfers for the first six months. After that period ends, the standard APR varies between 15.24% – 24.24% on both stances.
On your first account anniversary, Discover will match the cash back you’ve earned as part of their promotional welcome bonus.
Making purchases with this card earns you 2% back on U.S. restaurants and gas stations up to a combined $1,000 each quarter.
You’ll also earn a standard 1% rate on everything else you buy using your Discover it® Student Chrome Card.
You will be redirected to another website
Significant benefits and disadvantages you may find
While this is a great credit card for students, there are a couple of drawbacks that might weigh in your decision to apply or not.
Meet the pros and cons next in our Discover it® Student Chrome Card review.
- You don’t have to worry about membership fees;
- You’ll get a solid rewards rate by making purchases with your Discover it® Student Chrome Card;
- You’ll be able to take advantage of a great welcome bonus on your account anniversary;
- You can apply even if you have no credit score;
- There’s an intro APR offer on purchases to help you with your expenses.
- There’s a quarterly spending caps on rewards;
- While there’s an intro offer for balance transfers, the Discover it® Student Chrome Card charges a balance transfer fee for each transaction.
Is a good credit score required for applicants?
Not at all. This card is made for students just starting out their credit-building journey. You don’t even need to have a credit score in order to apply.
Just make sure you meet all other eligibility requirements, and you’re all set.
Learn how to apply and get a Discover it® Student Chrome Card
Hopefully, this Discover it® Student Chrome Card review sparked your interest in applying for the card. If that is the case, follow the link below to learn more about its application process!
About the author / Aline Barbosa
Merrick Bank Classic Secured Mastercard® application
In this Merrick Bank Classic Secured Mastercard® card application guide, you'll learn how to easily get this card and start building credit.Keep Reading
JetBlue Card review: an airline card with no annual fee
In this JetBlue Card review you will learn about this card's convenient travel rewards and how you can earn points on groceries and more.Keep Reading
You may also like
African Bank Gold Credit Card review: low monthly account cost
In this African Bank Gold Credit Card review you will see how this card allows you to get discounts and earn cash back.Keep Reading
US Bank Cash+® Visa® Secured Credit Card review
Read our U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa® Secured Credit Card review to learn how you can repair your credit while earning cash back rewards!Keep Reading
Discover the Power of Mobile Betting: 10bet and Download the App
Is 10bet the ultimate gambling destination? Find out in our review as we examine its features and tell you how to download the 10bet app!Keep Reading